If you are after an energizing morning drink,then you're in the right spot!Matcha is one of my new fav superfoods.I have recently started adding it into my diet.I'm not much of a coffee drinker,so this is the perfect substitute for me.My favourite time of the day to enjoy this delish latte is with breakfast.If for some reason I need an afternoon pink-me-up this is one of my go-to's,along with 1-2 of my favouritechocolate bliss balls.
I like to add the powder to brown rice milk and brew an antioxidant rich green tea,it can also be added into smoothies or baking. Matcha does have quite a strong taste,this is why I pair it with brown rice milk as it is a naturally sweet milk.Then add a little raw honey for extra health boosting benefits and a little more sweetness.
Matcha health benefits:
- It's super high in antioxidants,it's been said to have 137 times more antioxidants than green tea
- It supports energy production
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body as it contain the amino acid theanine
- Boosts the metabolism and helps with weight management
- Rich in fiber and vitamins and minerals
- Contains chlorophyll,good for detoxification
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 cup brown rice milk (or any milk alternative)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
1. Add milk and matcha to a small saucepan,mix together over medium heat until until hot.
2. Stir in honey at the end,pour into a mug and enjoy!!
Recipe by Natalie Brady,from 澳门金莎游戏场Natalie Brady Nutrition ©